“I’VE BEEN INSPIRED TO…” (1 Thess. 2:10-13) “Word of God #4”
FBC Earlville 3-6-11 10:30 AM Rev. Jeremy B. Stopford, Pastor
* Today’s “special”: “The Elephant and the Crocodile” An elephant and a crocodile were swimming in the jungle, when the elephant spots a turtle sunning himself on a rock. The elephant walks over to the turtle, picks him up in his trunk and hurls him far into the jungle.
“What did you do that for?” asked the crocodile.
The elephant answered, “That turtle was the one that bit me almost fifty years ago.”
The crocodile said, “And you remembered him after all these years? Boy, you sure do have a good memory.”
“Yep,” says the elephant. “Turtle recall.”
One of the first courses I took in Bible School was “Bibliology” – the study of the Bible. Last week we learned how God uses the majesty of creation to point us to our wonder of His design, which then points us to our hunger to meet and know the Designer. Today we need to answer the question, “I’ve been inspired to…. “ DO WHAT?
ILLUS.: Pearl’s love for covered bridges and PUZZLES
“Inspiration” is found in various puzzle pieces in Scripture.
1. PUZZLE PIECE # 1: THE WORD FROM GOD (1 Thess. 2:13)
2. PUZZLE PIECE # 2: GOD-BREATHED (2 Tim. 3:16,17)
3. PUZZLE PIECE # 3: GOD-MOVED (2 Pet. 1:20,21)
4. PUZZLE PIECE # 4: GOD-WORKING (John 17:17)
CONCLUSION MAKE IT PERSONAL !!!
Let’s apply each of this pieces to our lives:
1. To you, is the Bible just God’s Word, or the Word from God?
2. To you, is the Bible empty, or alive?
3. To you, is the Bible man-made, or God directed?
4. To you, is the Bible unnecessary, or vital to your daily life?